Last Updated: August 19, 2013
LEO Pharma Inc. (“LEO,” “we,” “us,” or “our”) welcomes you to our website. The information provided on this site is for general information and educational purposes only.
Registration and/or opt-in may be required for the use of certain portions of the Websites, the Content and/or the Services. In order to become a registered user, LEO may require your agreement to additional terms, which it may, in its sole discretion, modify from time to time. Your registration and/or opt-in shall not impose any duty on LEO to provide any particular goods or services to you. LEO reserves the right to terminate your registration for any valid reason without giving you advanced notice.
Content available on the Websites (the “Content”) includes:
- LEO Content. The Websites contain materials, such as data, text, graphic, images, sound recordings, audiovisual works, and other materials provided by LEO or its licensors;
- Documents Available on the Websites. From time to time, LEO may make certain documents available at the Websites for your online review or download. Permission to use documents like patient brochures, press releases, news stories, and FAQs from the Websites or LEO servers (the "Documents") is granted provided that: (a) the copyright notice below appears in all copies and that both the copyright notice and this permission notice appear; (b) use of such Documents is for informational and non-commercial or personal use only and will not be copied or posted on any network computer or broadcast in any media; and (c) no modifications of the Documents are made.
- Medical Information. The Websites and/or the Services may contain general information relating to medical conditions and treatment. This information is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be a substitute for the advice provided by a qualified health care professional. Patients and caregivers should not use the information contained herein for diagnosing a health problem or disease and should always consult with a doctor or other health care professional for medical advice or information about diagnosis and treatment; and
- Product Information. LEO PRODUCTS AND PRODUCT INFORMATION SHOWN ON THE WEBSITES, THE CONTENT, AND/OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SERVICES ARE INTENDED ONLY FOR RESIDENTS OF THE UNITED STATES OR A UNITED STATES TERRITORY. THE PRODUCTS DISCUSSED ON THE WEBSITES, IN THE CONTENT, AND/OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SERVICES, MAY HAVE DIFFERENT PRODUCT LABELING IN DIFFERENT COUNTRIES. THE LAWS AND REGULATIONS GOVERNING THE INTRODUCTION OF PRODUCTS VARY FROM COUNTRY TO COUNTRY AND, THEREFORE, YOU SHOULD CHECK WITH LOCAL REGULATORY AUTHORITIES PRIOR TO IMPORTING PRODUCTS INTO A COUNTRY OTHER THAN THE US. LEO PHARMA INC. PRODUCTS SHOULD ONLY BE USED OR ADMINISTERED CONSISTENT WITH APPROVED LABELING.
- Third Party Websites and Links. The Websites, the Content, and/or the Services may contain links or references to other websites maintained by third parties over whom LEO has no control. The Websites, the Content, and/or the Services may also be accessed from third party links over whom LEO has no control. LEO makes no warranties or representations of any kind as to the accuracy, currency, or completeness of any information contained in such websites. LEO shall not be liable for any damages or injuries of any kind arising from such content or information or reliance thereon. Inclusion of any third party link on the Websites, the Content, and/or the Services does not imply an endorsement or recommendation by LEO. You should take precautions when downloading files from all websites to protect your computer from viruses and other destructive programs. If you decide to access linked third party websites, you do so at your own risk.
- Links From Other Sites. Any other party that links to the Websites, the Content, and/or the Services: (a) shall not create a browser or border environment around the Websites, the Content, and/or the Services; (b) may link to, but not replicate, the Websites, the Content, or the Services; (c) shall not imply that the Websites or LEO are/is endorsing or sponsoring it or its products; (d) shall not present false information about LEO or its products or services; (e) shall not use Trademarks set forth on the Websites without the prior written permission from LEO; and (f) shall not contain content that could be construed as distasteful, offensive, or controversial.
The Websites, the Content and the Services may be owned by us, our parent company, our affiliates, or by third parties, and are protected under both United States and foreign laws. Elements of the Websites, the Content, and the Services, including, but not limited to, the "look and feel," are protected by trade dress, trademark, unfair competition, and other laws and may not be copied or imitated in whole or in part. No logo, graphic, sound or image from the Websites, the Content, or the Services may be copied or retransmitted unless expressly permitted by LEO. Unauthorized use of the Websites, the Content and/or the Services, may violate copyright, trademark, and other laws. You hereby agree: (i) you have no rights in or to the Websites, the Content, or the Services, and you will not use the Websites, the Content, or the Services except as permitted under this Agreement; (ii) to retain all copyright and other proprietary notices contained in the original Websites, Content, or Services on any copy you make of the Websites, Content, or Services (iii) not to sell, transfer, assign, license, sublicense, or modify the Websites, Content, or Services, or reproduce, display, publicly perform, make a derivative version of, distribute, or otherwise use or exploit the Websites, Content, or Services in any way for any public or commercial purpose. Any publication, use or posting of the Websites, Content, or Services, including on any other website, in a networked computer environment, or in any other forum for any purpose, without our prior written consent, is expressly prohibited.
Intellectual Property Rights.
The trademarks, service marks, and logos of LEO, its parent, and its affiliates (“Trademarks”) used and displayed on the Websites, the Services and in the Content, are registered and unregistered trademarks or service marks of LEO, our contractors, and other third parties. Nothing on the Websites, Services or the Content should be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, any license or right to use the Trademarks, without our prior written permission specific for each such use. Use of the Trademarks as part of a link to or from any site is prohibited unless establishment of such a link is approved in advance by us in writing. All goodwill generated from the use of Trademarks inures to our benefit. Elements of the Websites, the Content, and the Services are also protected by trade dress, trademark, unfair competition, and other state and federal laws and may not be copied or imitated, in whole or in part, by any means, including but not limited to the use of framing or mirrors. None of the Content may be retransmitted without our express, written consent for each and every instance.
Digital Millennium Copyright Act
LEO will review all claims of copyright infringement received and remove any Content or user submissions deemed to have been posted or distributed in violation of any such laws. Our designated agent under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (the “Act”) for the receipt of any Notification of Claimed Infringement which may be given under that Act is as follows:
LEO Pharma Inc.
Attention: Legal - DMCA
1 Sylvan Way
Parsippany, NJ 07054
If you believe that your work has been copied on the Websites in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide our agent with notice in accordance with the requirements of the Act, including (i) a description of the copyrighted work that has been infringed and the specific location on the Websites where such work is located; (ii) a description of the location of the original or an authorized copy of the copyrighted work; (iii) your address, telephone number and e-mail address; (iv) a statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent or the law; (v) a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf; and (vi) an electronic or physical signature of the owner of the copyright or the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest.
Representations and Warranties
You represent, warrant, and covenant that: you will not upload, post, transmit, distribute, or otherwise publish through the Websites any materials which: (i) restrict or inhibit any other user from using and enjoying the Websites, the Content, and/or the Services; (ii) are unlawful, threatening, abusive, libelous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, profane, or indecent; (iii) constitute or encourage conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise violate the law; (iv) violate, plagiarize, or infringe the rights of any third party including, without limitation, copyright, trademark, patent, rights of privacy or publicity, or any other right of any third party; (v) contain a virus or other harmful or potentially harmful component; (vi) contain any advertising of any kind; and/or (vii) constitute or contain false or misleading indications of origin or statements of fact.
LEO, ITS AFFILIATES, AND ITS AND THEIR OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES AND AGENTS (COLLECTIVELY THE “LEO PARTIES”) HEREBY DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES AND REPRESENTATIONS ABOUT THE WEBSITES, THE SERVICES, OR THE CONTENT INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE WARRANTIES OF TITLE, MERCHANTABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTIES’ RIGHTS, AND FITNESS FOR PARTICULAR PURPOSE. THE WEBSITES, THE SERVICES AND THE CONTENT ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND. YOU AGREE THAT YOU USE THE WEBSITES, THE SERVICES AND THE CONTENT ENTIRELY AT YOUR OWN RISK. NO ADVICE, RESULTS OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED BY YOU FROM US OR THROUGH THE WEBSITES, THE CONTENT, OR THE SERVICES SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY NOT EXPRESSLY MADE HEREIN. NONE OF THE LEO PARTIES SHALL BE LIABLE FOR, ANY DAMAGES TO, OR VIRUSES THAT MAY INFECT, YOUR COMPUTER EQUIPMENT OR OTHER PROPERTY ON ACCOUNT OF YOUR ACCESS TO OR USE OF THE WEBSITES, THE SERVICES OR THE CONTENT. NONE OF THE LEO PARTIES WARRANT, ENDORSE, GUARANTEE, OR ASSUME RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY PRODUCT OR SERVICE ADVERTISED OR OFFERED BY A THIRD PARTY THROUGH THE WEBSITES, THE CONTENT, OR THE SERVICES, OR ANY HYPERLINKED WEBSITES, OR FEATURED IN ANY BANNER OR OTHER ADVERTISING, AND NONE OF THE LEO PARTIES WILL BE A PARTY TO OR IN ANY WAY BE RESPONSIBLE FOR MONITORING ANY TRANSACTION BETWEEN YOU AND/OR OTHER USERS AND/OR THIRD-PARTY PROVIDERS OF PRODUCTS OR SERVICES. AS WITH THE PURCHASE OF A PRODUCT OR SERVICE THROUGH ANY MEDIUM OR IN ANY ENVIRONMENT, YOU SHOULD USE YOUR BEST JUDGMENT AND EXERCISE CAUTION WHERE APPROPRIATE. YOU ARE SOLELY AND EXCLUSIVELY RESPONSIBLE FOR THE USER SUBMISSIONS
Limit of Liability
IN NO EVENT SHALL THE LEO PARTIES, OR ANY OF THEM, BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, INCIDENTAL AND CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, LOST PROFITS, OR DAMAGES RESULTING FROM BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) RESULTING FROM YOUR USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE WEBSITES, THE SERVICES OR THE CONTENT, OR THE USER SUBMISSIONS, WHETHER BASED ON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, EVEN IF THE LEO PARTIES HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR DIRECT, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IN SUCH STATES, OUR LIABILITY SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE LESSER OF (I) ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS, OR (II) THE AMOUNT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW. YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY FOR DISSATISFACTION WITH THE WEBSITES, THE SERVICES, OR THE CONTENT IS TO STOP USING THE WEBSITES, THE CONTENT, AND/OR THE SERVICES.
Actual or attempted unauthorized use of the Websites, the Services or the Content may result in criminal and/or civil prosecution. While LEO has no obligation to do so, LEO explicitly reserves the right to view, monitor, and record activity on the Websites and/or the Services, and/or relating to the Content, without notice or permission from you. Any information obtained by monitoring, reviewing, or recording is subject to review by law enforcement organizations in connection with investigation or prosecution of possible illegal activity on the Websites and/or in connection with the Services and/or the Content. LEO will also comply with all court orders as well as all law enforcement and regulatory inquiries involving requests for such information. LEO specifically reserves the right, but does not have any obligation, to monitor the Websites, including the Content and User-Submitted Information, and the Services, and remove or modify any Content, User-Submitted Information, or any other element of the Websites or the Services, or to terminate access and/or use of the Websites, the Services, the Content, and/or User-Submitted Information, in its sole and absolute discretion, for any reason or no reason, without any notification or explanation.
Compliance with Applicable Laws
The Websites, the Content, and the Services are intended to comply with the laws and regulations of the United States of America, and though accessible to users outside of the United States, is intended for use only by residents of the United States. Other countries may have laws, regulatory requirements and medical practices that differ from those in the United States. The Websites, the Content, and/or the Services may link to other websites produced by our parent company and affiliates, which are outside the United States and may have information that is appropriate only to that particular originating country. LEO reserves the right to limit provision of its products or services to any person, geographic region or jurisdiction and/or to limit the quantities or any products or services we provide. Any offer for any product or service made on the Websites, and/or in connection with the Content and/or the Services, is void where prohibited. If you are under the age of 13, YOU MUST NOT USE THE WEBSITES, THE CONTENT, AND/OR SERVICES. Please do not send us your Personal Data. If you want to contact us, you may only do so through your parent or legal guardian.
YOU AGREE THAT ANY CAUSE OF ACTION BROUGHT BY YOU AND ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITES, THE CONTENT, AND/OR THE SERVICES MUST COMMENCE WITHIN ONE (1) YEAR AFTER THE CAUSE OF ACTION ACCRUES, EXCEPT THAT LEO MAY COMMENCE ANY SUCH CAUSE OF ACTION IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE APPLICABLE STATUTE OF LIMITATIONS UNDER NEW JERSEY LAW. OTHERWISE, SUCH CAUSE OF ACTION IS PERMANENTLY BARRED.
You shall comply with all laws, rules and regulations which are now or hereinafter promulgated by any government authority or agency which govern or apply to the operation and use of the Websites, the Services, and/or the Content. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, you expressly agree to comply with such restrictions and not to export or re-export any of the Content to countries or persons prohibited under the export control laws of the United States. You are prohibited from any use of the Websites, the Content, and/or the Services that would constitute an illegal offense, give rise to liability or otherwise violate any applicable local, state, national or international law or regulation. All rights not expressly granted herein are reserved by LEO and its licensors.